December 22, 2011
EMC filters: Cost-effective 3-line filters for frequency converters (TDK-EPC Corporation)
TDK-EPC, a group company of the TDK Corporation, presents a new series of EPCOS 3-line EMC filters for frequency converters and other power electronics applications. The use of improved materials has led to a particularly cost-effective design of these input filters.
All types of the B84143*166 series have UL/CSA approval and are designed for currents of 10, 20 or 35 A at rated voltages of 520 or 300 V AC. These filters satisfy protection class IP20 specifications and are suitable for operating temperatures of up to 50 °C. Their electrical design is optimized for short motor leads of up to about 10 m to industry limit value class C2. These new filters are contacted via tab connectors or clamp terminals, depending on the type.
- EMC: electromagnetic compatibility must be assured to prevent mutual interference between electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- UL: Underwriters Laboratories is an independent organization founded in 1894 that tests and certifies products and their safety.
- CSA: Canadian Standards Association is a non-governmental technical test organization that sets standards and tests products and their safety.
- Frequency converters and other power electronics applications
Main features and benefits
- Cost-effective design thanks to new materials
- Current capability up to 35 A
- UL/CSA approval
About TDK-EPC Corporation
TDK-EPC Corporation (TDK-EPC), a TDK group company, is a leading manufacturer of electronic components, modules and systems headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TDK-EPC has emerged from the combination of the electronic components business of TDK and the EPCOS Group and markets its products under the product brands, TDK and EPCOS.
The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites and inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors. With this product spectrum TDK-EPC offers a broad range of products and solutions of outstanding value from a single source and focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and automotive, industrial and consumer electronics. The company has design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America.
Further information on the products can be found under www.epcos.com/emc
Please forward reader inquiries to email@example.com