EPCOS Environmental Management
The EPCOS Group operates an environmental management system that conforms to the requirements of ISO 14001. Currently, most of our locations in Europe, the Americas, as well as in Asia are certified to this standard.
Our Environmental Protection Principles:
- We work continuously toward reducing the burden on the environment, toward minimizing associated risks and toward lowering the use of energy and resources, above and beyond the legal requirements.
- We take appropriate precautions to avoid environmental hazards and to prevent damage to the environment.
- Potential impact on the environment is assessed and incorporated in process and product planning at the earliest possible stage.
- By applying environmental, energy and occupational safety management, we ensure that this policy is implemented effectively. The technical and organizational procedures required to do this are monitored regularly and constantly further developed.
- Each employee is required to act in an environmentally conscious manner. It is the constant duty of management to increase and encourage awareness of responsibility for environment, energy consumption and occupational safety at all levels.
- We work with our business partners to promote conformity with similar objectives. We supply our customers with information on ways to minimize any potentially adverse environmental impacts of our products.
- We work in a spirit of cooperation with the relevant authorities.
- We inform the public of the impact on the environment caused by the company and our activities related to the environment and occupational health and safety.
- We consider ensuring a safe, healthy and comfortable work environment as first priority. To regard the rules of labor safety is the task of each employee. We comply with all applicable legal requirements and with all requirements that relate to OH&S hazards.
- We take preventive measures to avoid work-related injury and ill health and strive for continual improvement of our OH&S management system and the OH&S performance.
We support purchase of energy efficient products, machines and services, which will improve our energy related performance.