Ferrite Magnetic Design Tool
The MDT software allows application-related parameters to be calculated for all available EPCOS ferrite cores and / or materials. It provides access to their digitized material data including their graphical representations. In this new version 5.4 some minor issues were fixed. The user manual of the software contains a detailed description of all functions. The software runs under Windows 7 and 10.
The ferrite material list was updated according to the EPCOS Data Book 2017 “Ferrites and Accessories”. The new high frequency material PC200 was added.
Among the features of the current MDT version are:
- Simulations based on user-defined core parameters
- Database expanded to include Steinmetz coefficients for power losses
- Display of complex permeability and impedance as a function of frequency
- Transmittable power adjusted for skin and proximity effects (from the wire calculation menu)
- Calculation of the distortion factor (third harmonic) under specific circuit conditions at various temperatures
- Calculation of core loss as a function of signal form
- Specification of wire thickness as per American Wire Gauge (AWG)
To support design-ins you will find the data sheets for all materials by applications under www.epcos.com/ferrite_materials.