October 14, 2014
Aluminum electrolytic capacitors: Compact snap-in series with significantly increased ripple current capability
- Up to 25 percent higher ripple current capability than the preceding series
- Extremely compact dimensions
TDK Corporation presents a new series of EPCOS snap-in aluminum electrolytic capacitors. They are characterized by a ripple current capability that is up to 25 percent higher than for the types of the preceding EPCOS series. The capacitors of the new B43642* series are manufactured in highly compact sizes with diameters ranging from 22 mm to 35 mm and heights of 25 mm to 55 mm.
These components are designed for rated voltages of 200 V DC to 450 V DC and cover a capacitance range from 82 µF to 3300 µF. Under continuous operation at 105 °C, the useful life of these capacitors is 3000 hours.
Applications of these new snap-in aluminum electrolytic capacitors are converters and power supplies for use in industrial electronics.
- Power supplies and converters for use in industrial electronics
Main features and benefits
- A ripple current capability that is up to 25 percent higher than for the types of the preceding EPCOS series
- Highly compact dimensions of only 22 mm to 35 mm in diameter and 25 mm to 55 mm in height
Further information on the products can be obtained from Sales under www.epcos.com/inquiry
Please forward reader inquiries to email@example.com.
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2014, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.6 billion and employed about 83,000 people worldwide.
* The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.