August 19, 2010
Inductors: Sample kit with current-compensated ring core power chokes (TDK-EPC Corporation)
TDK-EPC, a group company of the TDK Corporation, presents a new sample kit of EPCOS current-compensated ring core power chokes. These EMC components are designed for a voltage of 250 V AC and offer current capabilities of between 0.4 and 6.0 A. Their inductances are between 0.2 and 39 mH.
The power chokes of the series B82721* are designed for the suppression of common-mode interference in compact switch-mode power supplies and converters of all types.
Thanks to stray inductances of about 1 percent of the rated inductance, symmetrical interference can also be suppressed. Depending on the type, the DC resistance values range from 30 to 2000 mΩ. The design of the chokes corresponds to EN 60938-2 (VDE 0565-2). The entire series is approved to UL 1283 (up to 300 V) and/or ENEC/ VDE and is RoHS-compatible.
The sample kit contains a selection of available types in horizontal and vertical versions. The dimensions of the horizontal versions are 17.9 x 17.3 x 12.6 mm³ (l x w x h), those of the vertical ones 18.2 x 13.2 x 20.3 mm³ (l x w x h).
- Common-mode interference: interference voltages and currents that propagate in the same phase and current direction on both forward and reverse lines. They must be suppressed in order to avoid interference to and malfunctions of other electrical equipment.
- UL: Underwriters Laboratories is an organization founded in 1894 in the USA with the aim of testing and certifying products and their safety.
- Suppression of common-mode interference in compact switch-mode power supplies and converters of all types.
Main features and benefits
- Broad inductance range between 0.2 and 39 mH
- Current carrying capacity of up to 6 A
- Approvals to UL and VDE, RoHS-compatible
About TDK-EPC Corporation
TDK-EPC Corporation (TDK-EPC), a TDK group company, is a leading manufacturer of electronic components, modules and systems headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TDK-EPC has emerged from the combination of the electronic components business of TDK and the EPCOS Group and markets its products under the product brands, TDK and EPCOS.
The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites and inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors. With this product spectrum TDK-EPC offers a broad range of products and solutions of outstanding value from a single source and focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and automotive, industrial and consumer electronics. The company has design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America.
Further information on this topic can be found at www.epcos.com/power_chokes
Please forward reader inquiries to:
Fax +49 89 636-22471