May 10, 2012
Inductors: SMT version with highest reliability
- 30 percent higher current capability than standard series types
- Broad operating temperature range from -55 to 150 °C
TDK Corporation presents a new series of EPCOS SMT inductors with the highest reliability. The components of the new R series offer 30 percent higher saturation current capability than standard series types. The saturation current is between 1.05 and 38.0 A at inductance values from 0.82 to 1000 µH. The DC resistance is between 5.0 mΩ and 1.35 Ω.
With a wide permissible operating temperature range from -55 to +150 °C, the EPCOS B82477R series of inductors satisfy the rigorous requirements of automotive electronics and are qualified to AEC-Q200. Designed with a baseplate, they offer very high mechanical stability. These components have a footprint of 12.5 x 12.5 mm2 and a maximum insertion height of 8.5 mm. Thanks to their magnetic shielding, they can be placed in direct proximity to other components on the circuit board. These high-performance inductors are RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD020C.
- AEC-Q200: Standardized reliability tests for passive components used in automotive electronics.
- Saturation current: DC current that causes magnetic saturation and reduces the inductive resistance in an inductive component.
- Power supply units in automotive electronics such as for LED lighting systems
- Clocked power supplies with high requirements on reliability and temperature range
Main features and benefits
- High saturation currents of up to 38.0 A
- Inductance values from 0.82 µH to 1000 µH
- Broad operating temperature range from -55 to +150 °C
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
- RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD020C
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's current product line includes passive components, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK today focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2012, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.9 billion and employed about 79,000 people worldwide.
About TDK-EPC Corporation
TDK-EPC Corporation, a TDK group company, is a leading manufacturer of electronic components, modules and systems, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TDK-EPC was founded in 2009 from the combination of the passive components business of TDK and the EPCOS Group. The portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites and inductors, magnets, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors. The company markets the product brands TDK and EPCOS.
Further information on the products can be found under www.epcos.com/power_inductors
Please forward reader inquiries to email@example.com