Multilayer ceramic chip capacitors
Automotive grade MLCCs for reliable ESD protection
- Compliant with the IEC 61000-4-2 standard for ESD immunity
- Available with C0G and NP0 thermal characteristics
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
TDK Corporation presents the new CGA3EA series of automotive grade MLCCs that meet the ESD immunity requirements according to the IEC 61000-4-2 standard. The new components are available in package size 1608 (EIA 0603) and offer rated capacitances ranging from 1 nF to 10 nF and a rated voltage of 100 V. The new series comprises two lineups of MLCCs with different thermal characteristics: C0G components with a temperature range of -55°C to +125°C and a temperature coefficient of 0 ±30 ppm/°C max., and NP0 components with a temperature range of -55°C to +150°C and the same temperature coefficient.
The material used in the CGA3EA series features a low dielectric constant and thus maintains stable performance even when load conditions such as temperature or voltage change. The new components are therefore able to withstand ESD events of up to 8 kV and higher, as proven by the contact discharge test according to IEC 61000-4-2 (level 4). Mass production of the CGA3EA series, which is qualified to AEC-Q200, started in October 2013.
Development of the new MLCCs was made possible by TDK’s know-how in a range of sophisticated technologies, including the pulverization of dielectric materials, high-dispersion processing, and both thin-layer and multilayer technology for dielectric ceramics. As a result the CGA3EA series are able to offer reliable ESD protection in a wide range of automotive electronics applications such as airbag controllers, remote keyless entry systems, navigation systems and more.
- Input and output sections of a wide range of automotive applications such as airbag controllers, remote keyless entry systems, and navigation systems
Main features and benefits
- Compliant with IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 or higher
- Series offers both C0G and NP0 components with a temperature range of -55°C to +125°C and -55°C to +150°C, respectively, and a capacitance temperature coefficient of
0 ±30 ppm/°C max.
- Stable capacitance values regardless of DC bias, temperature or aging effects
- Capacitance range from 1 nF to 10 nF (E6)
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
|ESD immunity [kV]|
|CGA3EA||1.6 x 0.8||C0G / NP0||100||1||8|
|CGA3EA||1.6 x 0.8||C0G / NP0||100||1.5||10|
|CGA3EA||1.6 x 0.8||C0G / NP0||100||2.2||12|
|CGA3EA||1.6 x 0.8||C0G / NP0||100||3.3||16|
|CGA3EA||1.6 x 0.8||C0G / NP0||100.2||4.7||16|
|CGA3EA||1.6 x 0.8||C0G / NP0||100||6.8||22|
|CGA3EA||1.6 x 0.8||C0G / NP0||100||10||30|