Rugged power inductors for automotive electronics applications
- Wide temperature range from -55 °C to +150 °C
- Improved mechanical strength and high reliability
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
TDK Corporation has developed a new series of rugged power inductors for use in automotive electronics. The CLF6045NI-D wirewound SMD power inductors feature high efficiency and reliability over a very wide temperature range extending from -55 °C to +150 °C and offer rated inductance values from 1.0 μH to 470 μH (E6 series). Measuring in at 6.3 mm x 6.0 mm x 4.5 mm, the CLF6045NI-D types are available for rated currents of 0.28 A to 6.7 A and offer DC resistance values ranging from 1.1 mΩ to 1.30 Ω. Mass production will be launched in February 2015.
The new products are qualified to AEC-Q200, and thus fulfill the rigorous requirements of the automotive industry. Thanks to TDK's advanced materials technology the new components feature outstanding heat resistance. A new bonding process for the terminals enables a solderless structural design that features improved mechanical strength. The fully automated manufacturing process ensures the high reliability and quality of these components. As a result, the new inductors are suitable for use in applications in demanding automotive environments such as the power supply circuits of engine control modules (ECM) and ECUs for airbags, ABS, and headlights.
In addition to the 6 mm square form factor, TDK will subsequently introduce 5 mm, 7 mm, 10 mm and 12.5 mm square types, in order to offer a broad lineup of power inductors that is suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Applications in rugged automotive environments such as the power supply circuits of engine control modules (ECM) and ECUs for airbags, ABS, and headlights
Main features and benefits
- New, highly heat resistant material for use over a wide temperature range from -55°C to +150°C
- Solderless structural design with improved mechanical strength and high reliability
- RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD-020D
at 100 kHz
|DC resistance [Ω]||Rated current |
I DC 1 [A]
|Rated current |
I DC 2 [A]
|CLF6045NI-D||1.0 to 470||0.011 to 1.30||0.28 to 6.7||0.41 to 4.8|
I DC 1: Based on inductance change ratio (30% below nominal value)
I DC 2: Based on temperature rise (temperature rise of 40 K)